Wazian Vs Wasian

You would be very surprised how many Wazian there are in the world today. I believe there are a lot of Wazians out there that have no idea that there is a term for who they are. There also seems to be a lot of variations of the term. The most common and most accurate would be Wasian. I have also heard others like Whasian, Wazn, white-asian, and wapanese. So why call myself a Wazian and not Wasian? Well it’s really how my friends spelled it and it just stuck. I guess you could say it’s the slang to Wasian as Wasian is the Proper word (if there really is a “proper” word for it)

What makes a white male a Wazian? Wazians tend to hang out with a group of Asians and usually they are the only white male in the group. Some tend to date Asian females. In both cases the white male starts to take on Asian cultures. Some examples would be eating Asian food, taking part in social events like Chinese new years, gambling, and dating Asian women.

I found after living with a group of Asians that I would eat Asian food on average 5 days a week. I grew up in a very European house hold and in a small town where other then your local North American Chinese food there was not really any other Asian restaurants and never ate Asian food at home. So after living with a group of Vietnam’s friends and one Japanese friend it was interesting and adventures to eat different Asian foods. This led to eating other Asian foods like Thai, Japanese, and Filipino. Pho and Bun turned into an everyday food for me and watching my roommate eat Balut (a fertilized duck (or chicken) egg with a nearly-developed embryo inside that is boiled and eaten in the shell.) for the first time was a surprise but then was normal. Would this classify me as a Wasian? Not exactly but combined with taking part in social events including Chinese new years, gambling, weddings, and family get together it started to all come together.

It wasn’t until I started to date my fiancĂ© that I considered myself a true Wazian, even though before that my name to most Asian friends was Wazian. Hopefully the promotion of the word Wazian will inspire other white males and even white females to learn and enjoy the Asian cultures and what they have to offer. Dating Asian females and males is only a small part of being a Wazian.

0 comments:

Post a Comment